The AppleSox are still in need of a couple of host families for the 2011 season. AppleSox players from around the country stay in the homes of local families during the season, which runs from early June through mid-August.
The players are terrific role models for kids in youth baseball programs. They can also be helpful around the house for senior citizens. We consider the AppleSox players to be a real asset for our community during the summer
“Hosting an AppleSox player for the summer is a one-of-a-kind experience,” said AppleSox assistant GM Ken Osborne. “We play 59 games in 69 games this summer, so the season keeps them really busy. They also help instruct our youth clinics, make community appearances, and are at the gym every day. Our host families don’t have to worry about always keeping them entertained.”
Host Family Benefits Include:
- Season tickets. You can cheer on your player at every game!
- Invitation to the annual host family appreciation dinner.
- Free registration for host family children to the AppleSox youth instructional clinics.
- Recognized on field at the final regular season home game.
- Gain lifelong relationships!
If you live in the Wenatchee/East Wenatchee area, have a spare room, and would be interested in housing a player, please call our team office at (509) 665-6900 or email email@example.com.