With the 20th season in team history just 60 days away, the AppleSox are looking to add two more important members to their team. However, these two members won’t be taking grounders or collecting base hits for the club.
The AppleSox are now accepting applications for an official scorer and marketing intern for the 2019 season.
The official scorer can be any age, but must be able to score a baseball game and be comfortable scoring on a computer. This person will score the game on Pointstreak, the official statistic site of the West Coast League. He/she must be able to make quick decisions in the event of tough plays and potentially stay late to fix any issues that may arise over the course of scoring a game. The official scorer must be able to work all 32 AppleSox home games plus any postseason games and arrive at Paul Thomas Sr. Stadium at least one hour prior to the start of each home game.
The marketing intern will be expected to perform the following…
• Analyze effectiveness of on field promotions and develop ideas about new promotions.
• Analyze effectiveness of ads and develop ideas for new campaigns. • Develop and execute a marketing and sales plan for our Cashmere Night Event. Monitor on the night of the event and report results.
• Propose new promotions and help with the execution if approved. • Answer phone inquiries, direct calls, and provide basic company information; help with mail deliveries, receive and ship packages.
• Research on teams in our league and our community.
• Attend team functions and networking events
• Help update and post supervised social media and website content; respond to web correspondence, social media posts, and emails.
• Reports to Assistant General Manager. Intern Requirements and Qualifications
• High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program that provides credit hours for internships.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-directed and able to work without much supervision.
• Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
While the internship is unpaid, interns will have the opportunity to work on the AppleSox Guest Services crew during home games which pays $12.00 an hour.
For more information on either position or to apply, please email email@example.com, call 509-665-6900 or visit the team office at 610 N Mission St. #204 in Wenatchee.
The 20th season in Wenatchee AppleSox history begins on June 3. With promotions like cap night, two bobblehead giveaways and fireworks night, this promises to be a season you won’t want to miss. Guarantee that you have seats for all the exciting games by purchasing season tickets. They run as low as $115 and can be purchased at the team’s office at 610 N Mission St #204 in Wenatchee.