WENATCHEE, Wash. – The Wenatchee AppleSox (18-12, 3-0 second half) delivered a come-from-behind walkoff win, Sunday night, to sweep the Kelowna Falcons (17-16, 0-6 second half) by scoring the final six runs, unanswered, in a 6-5 win at Paul Thomas Sr. Stadium.

The AppleSox trailed 5-0 at the seventh inning stretch, after Cal Hehnke had thrown six innings of two-hit baseball. The AppleSox looked like they’d be put down in order in another inning, before Michael Spellacy delivered a two-out double, and Cole McKenzie drove him in with an RBI single.

Trailing 5-1 in the eighth, the AppleSox scored two runs after loading the bases against Kelowna reliever Brayden Price. Josh Zamora, who hit a Grand Slam in game two, was hit by a pitch, and then a wild pitch made it a 5-3 game.

Mike Townsend threw a scoreless eighth inning, before Cameron Kurz (1-0) tossed a scoreless ninth.

Still against Price in the ninth, the AppleSox got a runner on via a walk. Then, Kelowna put in Jake Roes (0-1). Jack Reisinger singled off of Roes to make it first and second with nobody out after the McKenzie walk.

Dugan Shirer then lifted an RBI single to left center field, which made it a 5-4 game with runners still at first and second base.

Jacob Prater attempted to put down a sacrifice bunt, but the throw from Roes to first was wide of the first baseman and out of play down the right field line. That error forced home a run to tie the game, 5-5.

With Shirer at third, Prater at second, and the WCL’s RBI leader, Evan Johnson, at the plate with 0 outs, Kelowna elected to intentionally walk Johnson. That set up a game-winning opportunity for third baseman Jake Taylor.

Taylor crushed a 1-1 pitch off the center field fence to win the game. The ball hit above the 406-marker in straight away center field, just missing a walkoff Grand Slam by inches. With the RBI, the AppleSox swept the series and completed their second comeback win of the three-game set, and eighth of the season.

Kelowna’s early runs came on solo home runs for Chris Arpan and JT Williams in the second and third innings off of Collin Maier (no decision).

Kelowna scored another two runs in the fifth on an RBI double and a throwing error. The Falcons final run came in the top of the seventh off of Hugh Smith, on a bases-loaded, broken bat infield single. Smith surrendered the 5-0 lead with no outs and the bases loaded, but struck out the next two batters and got a flyout to right field to keep the AppleSox within striking distance.

With the win, Wenatchee stays undefeated in the WCL North Second Half (3-0), and is in sole possession of first place in the division.

The AppleSox homestand continues Tuesday against Cowlitz at 7:05 p.m., after an off day Monday.